The Legals

Wedding ceremony planning starts with completing and lodging your Notice of Intended Marriage Form with Joyful Occasions. You will need original birth certificates, divorce/death certificates for past marriages and photo ID. Passports can be used for identification. If you do not have originials of these documents, call me to discuss options!  Here is a Notice of Intended Marriage Form.

We’ll discuss the type of atmosphere and ceremony you wish to create and work together to include family and friends, rituals and other ideas.

Before the ceremony, you will sign a Statutory Declaration about your legal status, then after you exchange your vows, you, the two adult witnesses and myself will sign the official documents, including your keepsake certificate.

I can also order on-line the registered Marriage Certificate from NSW Births Deaths and Marriages on your behalf too. As a NSW Justice of the Peace, I can provide certified copies.